Have you observed a Clayton staff member making a difference in the lives of students with disabilities? The District’s PAC.ED group (Parent Advisory Council of Children with Educational Diversity) would like to know! PAC.ED is accepting nominations now through Friday, April 14, 2017, for the Making Inclusion Happen Award and Creating Connections Award. For questions, please contact Margy Brake at 854-6016.About the Making Inclusion Happen Award
The Making Inclusion Happen Award honors Clayton teaching staff who demonstrate outstanding efforts in the area of inclusion and for their dedication to students with disabilities. Teaching staff includes general education and special education teachers, elective teachers, speech-language therapists, counselors, occupational and physical therapists. Download the nomination form
.About the Creating Connections Award
The Creating Connections Award honors Clayton support staff working throughout the District who demonstrate outstanding skills and for their dedication to students with disabilities. Support staff includes paraprofessionals, interns, bus drivers, secretaries, custodians, occupational and physical therapy assistants and any other non-certified staff in the District. Download the nomination form
- Making Inclusion Happen nominees can include teachers (academic, elective and special education), counselors, speech-language therapists and occupational and physical therapists.
- Creating Connections nominees can include paraprofessionals, interns, bus drivers, secretaries, custodians, occupational and physical therapy assistants and any other non-certified staff in the District.
- Staff, parents or community members can nominate individuals.
- A committee will select an individual from the elementary level (to include the Family Center, Captain Elementary, Glenridge Elementary and Meramec Elementary) and an individual from the secondary level (to include Wydown Middle School and Clayton High School) to receive each award.
- Award recipients will be honored at a Clayton PAC.ED program in May 2017.
- A complete nomination includes the nomination form describing why you are making the nomination in 350 words or less.
Download the Making Inclusion Happen Award
nomination form and the Creating Connections Award
Please send completed nomination forms by Friday, April 14, 2017, to Julie Engelhard at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Clayton PAC.ED at #2 Mark Twain Circle, Clayton, MO 63105.