Second Annual PAC.ED Inclusion Awards
Have you observed a Clayton staff member making a difference in the lives of students with disabilities? The District’s PAC.ED group (Parent Advisory Council of Children with Educational Diversity) would like to know! PAC.ED accepts nominations every spring for the Making Inclusion Happen Award and Creating Connections Award. About the Making Inclusion Happen Award
The Making Inclusion Happen Award honors Clayton teaching staff who demonstrate outstanding efforts in the area of inclusion and for their dedication to students with disabilities. Teaching staff includes general education and special education teachers, elective teachers, speech-language therapists, counselors, occupational and physical therapists.About the Creating Connections Award
The Creating Connections Award honors Clayton support staff working throughout the District who demonstrate outstanding skills and for their dedication to students with disabilities. Support staff includes paraprofessionals, interns, bus drivers, secretaries, custodians, occupational and physical therapy assistants and any other non-certified staff in the District. Guidelines
- Making Inclusion Happen nominees can include teachers (academic, elective and special education), counselors, speech-language therapists and occupational and physical therapists.
- Creating Connections nominees can include paraprofessionals, interns, bus drivers, secretaries, custodians, occupational and physical therapy assistants and any other non-certified staff in the District.
- Staff, parents or community members can nominate individuals.
- A committee will select an individual from the elementary level (to include the Family Center, Captain Elementary, Glenridge Elementary and Meramec Elementary) and an individual from the secondary level (to include Wydown Middle School and Clayton High School) to receive each award.
- Award recipients are honored at a Clayton PAC.ED program in late spring.
- A complete nomination includes the nomination form describing why you are making the nomination in 350 words or less.
Check back for updates on the 2018 awards!
2016 Honorees: Michael Brown,
Alicia Schuh, and